Salad Dressing

Friday, September 5, 2008

I have been looking for a tasty, healthy salad dressing recipe for years. I don’t want that traditional lemon juice and olive oil dressing and I don’t want anything white, like the ranch and bleu cheese dressings. I am looking for something different. This search has taken me back to the early cookbooks where the photos were all black and white or none existent. I do not eat salads every day, but I may eat them every other day and I want something delicious, but different drizzled over the top. I don’t know if I am the only person who is tired of all those traditional salad dressings, but there are times when I don’t want to eat salad because I can’t find a dressing that is simple, healthy and tasty.

No, I don’t want a bottled brand dressing so please don’t email me with your favorite brand. I just want something different, simple. I created an avocado salad dress, avocado, orange juice, lemon juice, salt and white pepper. I am going to have to make it again so I can decipher the correct amount of each ingredient, but it turned out to be a heavenly dressing. Has anyone every happened upon a dressing recipe and discovered it was a real hit?

0 comments: