The stinky antibiotic aka "The Stickin Rose"

Friday, September 12, 2008

I have been a huge fan of the “stickin rose” for more than thirty years. I would eat it in everything if it did not have such an abusive aroma and pungent taste causing an offensive breath that could and have waken the dead. I have learned from experience that the more you chop or crush garlic the more potent it is; and when left in its raw form the flavor is quite subtle. If you are looking for a more gentle flavor try the elephant ear garlic, those jumbo cloves that often remind me of shallots in a strange kind of way.


What would garlic bread be without garlic or roasted garlic leg of lamb? My most famous memory was a wonderful garlic soup I had when my ex and I was in Orlando, Florida. It was a light cream soup garnished with little garlic croûtons. The flavor was delicate, but definitely garlicky. I am not into making garlic ice cream or using it in truffles but I do think it is one of those wonderful jewels that would be missed if left out of a dish. Do you have a favor garlicky dish? What is it? How much garlic can you stand at one sitting? Let me hear from you!


0 comments: